Grace Food Bank Sheffield
The Grace Food Bank is a community group covering the Sheffield 8 posctode area: Lowedges, Norton, Batemoor, Jordanthorpe and the surrounding areas. We provide food parcels to families / individuals who find themselves in short term financial crisis.
Our 2015-2016 Annual Report is available to download. Please get in touch if you would like a paper copy.
We are collecting food for Christmas!
If you would like to donate Christmas food please can it arrive at the foodbank on December 5th or 12th? We are having our Christmas collection sessions those weeks so we need the food in plenty of time to weigh it and pack it.
The things we will be most able to use are:
- Christmas biscuits – MEDIUM or small boxes (large tins are harder to fit into the bags.
- SMALL Christmas cakes or packs of Christmas chocolate mini rolls, etc
- Chocolates/sweets (medium sized boxes/selection packs/ anything that looks festive! -
- Selection boxes/chocolate coins etc.
- Pringles, cheddars or similar crisps In a cardboard tube (more robust for packing and transporting) (cheap own brand versions in some supermarkets)
- Bottles of fizzy grape juice or similar
- Tins of salmon
- Tins of ham
- Tinned meat pies
- Jars of Coffee
- Tins/cartons of custard or sachets of instant custard
- SMALL boxes of crackers/biscuits for cheese
- Boxes of mince pies –preferably without lots of brandy (last year we did get rather a lot of mince pies so if in doubt, perhaps buy something else!). Mince Pies do come with a shorter shelf life so please don’t send any to the foodbank before December!
All with a Use By date that's after 25th December and nothing that needs refrigerating.Please remember that these items will all be packed into bags then transported to our collection sessions. So, for example, small bags of solid milk chocolate Santas are more useful than hollow and very fragile chocolate Santas!
What we are short of this week
November 23rd: - We have lots of beans, pasta, tinned veg, fruit and rice pudding.
We are short of jam, jars of pasta sauce, breakfast cereal, sugar and coffee.
What is a Food Bank?
A food bank is a charity which collects donated food and then working with social services and other health care organisations, distributes the food to those in need. We need volunteers to help with admin, food collections, care teams and much more...
Please help us - Download one of our Posters to display
Contact us if you would like to be involved.
www.gracefoodbanksheffield.org.uk | 07964 896283 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Help by Donating Food including:
(tinned meat, beans, soups and puddings),